1.04.2009

Emotional

Merry New Year!!! (Man, I LOVE Trading Places! "You lying, you ain't never met Martin Lutha da King!!") The first 4 days of the new year have been a wave of emotions for the Pookster, but I guess that's nothing new.

Being alone as the clock strikes midnight on January 1st BLOWS!!! I may be a little stone hearted these days, but that doesn't mean I don't want someone to genuinely wish me a "HAPPY NEW YEAR!" I didn't even feel better when my family bamboozled me with their hugs and well wishes when they finally got home after 2am. I'll make sure that never, ever ever happens again!! Even if I can't get that magical New Year's kiss (ahhh, a girl can only dream!), I'll never be alone for New Years again!!

The next 3 days flew by in a blur, along with a range of emotions:

Lightheartedness: I saw my little man play in his first pee-wee basketball game. Got GREAT laughs watching 7 and 8 year old kids chase each other for 40 minutes. (Picture 10 kids playing tackle football on a basketball court!!!...HILARIOUS!!)

Nostalgia: The bball game was played at the middle school where I matriculated from. It was the first time I'd set foot in there in almost 10 years! It's amazing how much the place had changed but was still the same. It looked soooo much bigger when I was forced to go their every day. But then again, I was shorter back then...

Bliss: I can't believe I let him in. For the past year, I ran from his obvious feelings, trying not to let another man in. But I was also subjected to constant "abuse" from my friends, who were all in shock that I wasn't jumping at the chance to be with a seemingly perfect man. He knew I'd been hurt in the past - hell, he was there the whole time - so he patiently waited for me to come around. Long story short, I came around...literally. *giggling* I finally gave in...and WOW!! if I had known before what I know now, I might be married to bliss already.

So, all in all, I've had a good start to 2009. I'm moving home in a few weeks, we'll see if and how my outlook changes then.

Until then...Pooks

No comments: